Thursday, October 29, 2009

Shades of Gray

The goals for today's drawing were to make a charcoal drawing of light and dark objects using additive and reductive techniques. We used many different utensils such as black and white charcoal, pencils and erasers to help capture the light in the drawing and utilize 5 different shades of grey to make the drawing includung black and white. I think I did fairly well with this despite the fact that I was sick which slowed down my process and impacted my final product. Challanges I faced were capturing the different shades of grey and capturing the light in the drawing using an eraser. But I found ways to get through these obstacles; one of the ways that I got through these obstacles was I started paying close attention to the still life instead of drawing from what I thought it should look like. Overall I think that this was a tough but useful activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment