Sunday, November 8, 2009

Drawing the Human Figure From the Inside Out

The goals for today's class drawings were to draw various classmates, while they were in all kinds of obscure positions that were difficult to draw. The ways that I achieved these goals were to start from the center of their body/ waist, like Ms. Roberts demonstrated, and work my way down by drawing the legs and feet. Then, I drew the top of the figure, stomach and head to complete and balanced the sketch out. Then after we figured out the porportions and the main scheme of the drawing then we added detail such as eyes, clothing and etc.Throughout this activity I didn't face any challenges other than the fact that we couldn't erase. The final product of my drawings were pretty good and I was very surprised because my portraits looked a lot like the people we were drawing. Next time I will try not to make many mistakes so that I will not need an eraser.

1 comment:

  1. Glad the process worked so well for you Chimobi. You are a natural at drawing from observation! It should really help you to find accurate proportions which helps to make your drawings look more like the subject. Keep in mind that building the drawing up from light to dark will make your drawing have more depth and eliminate the need for an eraser.

    ReplyDelete