Friday, February 26, 2010

Self Portrait as a Panther with a Mic and Speakers















My clay sculpture is a panther with a microphone and speaker in the background. I chose a panther as the animal that best represented my personality because I felt that the panther best described me as a person when I walk into a room. The panther is strong, a leader, quick, independent, and assertive. I also decided to make a microphone stand because at times I can be outspoken and quiet so by adding the microphone stand and speakers to an animal who serves as a leader helped to add a conceptional aspect to the sculpture. I had a little trouble making the sculptures because working with clay isn't wasn't easy at it seemed but in the end I was able to get my point across and complete my sculpture. I used one of our tools to make fur for my animal to help add texture to my sculpture.

No comments:

Post a Comment