Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Reflecting at the end of the course

My story as an artist this year began when I transferred out of chorus to join this art principles class. I came into art principles this year as an artist with natural skills but with very poor knowledge of different techniques, styles, and principles that are associated with art. From the start I found it hard to abandon my bad habits, change my style and develop new techniques that would help me progress as an artist. I was very stubborn to dropping my bad habits and beleived that my style of work was better. But as I went on through the year I started to pick up new skills, and change my bad habits for the better which was evident in my work. Although the one habit I wasn't able to drop is my obsession in detail, which throughout the year had a crucial effect on my time management. I took a lot of very important skills and concepts from art this year and I believe that I will use what I learned again next year in future art classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment