Friday, November 19, 2010

End of Term Reflection

I think that this term has gone really well, I believe that during this term I have learned many art skills and made immense progress in my art which was my overall goal. During this term, the big thing that I learned was how to paint and control a paint brush and as an artist that helped me grow. In my growth, I also learned how to speed up the drawing portion of my art by paying less attention to detail and focusing on the big picture. What surprised me during this term was how easy it was to paint if you focus and don't get frustrated over little mistakes, because they can be fixed. My biggest successes so far has been constructing a painting and one of the biggest challenges have been completing projects, I always start pretty well but then I run out of momentum. The advice I would give myself about the class for the start of the next term would be to manage my time more effectively and complete work. The things I need to work on as I grow as an artist are to focus less on detail and always consider the big picture and to also push through every project by pacing myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment